Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Johnny Delmonico's

It's restaurant week! And that means select restaurants in the city put together a prie fix menu of three courses- $15 for lunch, $25 for dinner. It's a great opportunity to go to new places and taste the best at each!

My friend Jill and I went to Johnny Delmonico's for lunch. A steakhouse (one of two in the same block) and not a place I might have thought of for lunch. It's right off the square and actually, I had never seen it. But now I have! And I think I would go back. I had a greens salad with a nice lemony salad dressing, the pasta of the day, lamb ragu, and a mini creme brulee. I was a happy diner. I tasted some of Jill's fried calamari- served with a tangy citrus sauce- and while at first, I was unsure, I really enjoyed it.

The decor was a little posh- we sat in the "library." but it was relaxed, and well lit, and by taking a peak at the regular menu, reasonably priced (at least for lunch). Good to add another lunch option for the capital area!

No comments:

Post a Comment