Saturday, October 9, 2010

Burrito Drive

To start, I suppose it's fair to say that we have never actually been INSIDE Burrito Drive. But we've gotten take out so many times that we've decide it's warranted a review.

Besides the fact that delivery can be a little slow and our food has more than once been cool, it's still really good. And we keep ordering, so that must say something. It's "new" Mexican food, as they say, and while I'm not entirely sure what that means, I do know it's good. And it's unique- but I'm entirely unsure how authentic it is. So be warned if you go. But if you actually know authentic Mexican food, let me know how this one ranks. I'm curious.

My favorite thing on the menu is definitely (dried) cranberry salsa. It's delicious- it goes on quesadillas, tacos, burritos and chips. And those quesadillas, tacos, burritos, and chips are all pretty good too. I usually get a cheese quesadilla (with cranberry salsa) and a create-your-own taco with chicken, asadero cheese, lettuce (and cranberry salsa). Bob has tried numerous burritos including the Hungry Hippie (Mexican slaw and tater tots), Carnitas (pork and sweet potato puree), and the Sheh-meh-neh (sweet potato puree, pickled onions, and bacon).

See what I mean? It's pretty unique- it's almost as though it has a Madison twist. I'm not sure Mexicans would throw bacon in willy nilly as Madisonians do. But the food is good and filling and the prices are really reasonable. We have really never been disappointed with a meal we've gotten here. Someday perhaps we'll actually go TO the restaurant and eat in. But don't count on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment