Thursday, August 12, 2010

Blue Moon Bar and Grill

For the record, I love blue moon beer. However, I'm really not a fan of this restaurant. I've eaten there before and had a fairly positive associations. BUT, that could have been because I used to work near the hospital and there are just no other options for a good lunch (except the gas station subway).

So, Bob and I met there for dinner one night. It's relaxed and just what you might expect for a casual bar and grill. The menu is small (which I always consider to be a good thing) and looks ok at first glance. But if you're not in the mood for a burger, then forget about it. Why are you here? I opted for the spanish burger and honestly, it was disappointing. The meat was kind of dry and crumbly and it just tasted too greasy to be super yummy- but I really feel it had potential.

Bob had the california reuben and reported it to be "soggy and gross." Well, that sums it up. If you're in a spot and need food, Blue Moon will provide sustenance. But you can do better- just across the street even.

If you want a fun place for a beer or for happy hour- this might be perfect. I would stay away from the food. Although, the more beer you drink, the better things might taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment